- Mike Huckabee announcing he wouldn’t go negative, by showing reporters a negative ad he wasn’t going to run and continuing to talk about it.
- Hillary Clinton hammering down a shot of Crown Royal whiskey and a couple of beers to prove she was Jane Sixpack.
- Barack Obama appearing with his own seal with “E Pluribus Unum” replaced by “Vero Possumus”.
- The (unsuccessful) San Francisco initiative to rename a water facility the “George W. Bush Sewage Plant”.
- Rumors that baby Trig was not Sarah Palin’s son but her grandson.
- John McCain calling Obama “That one”.
- Sarah Palin pardoning a turkey on video, while other turkeys were slaughtered right behind her.
- President Bush dodging a double shoe attack in Iraq.
- Barbara Streisand politely accepting a kiss on her cheek from President Bush, whose impeachment she championed.
- Rod Blagojevich’s plans to run for President in 2016 even though he knew the feds were closing in on him.
Personally, I think the list is too short. Where is Joe the Plumber? Where is McCain declaring the economy sound, just hours before the collapse starts?
What’s your favorite weird or ironic political moment from 2008? Tell us in the comments.
UPDATE: Daniel Kurtzman, the person who brings us all that delicious late night political humor, has a hilarious review of the best unintentional comedy moments of 2008 in the NY Times, and a list of the Best of the “Best of” lists for 2008.