This short clip from Fox News demonstrates clearly why these charlatans shouldn’t have press credentials. The headline is “National Healthcare: Breeding Ground for Terror?” I kid you not:
This is so wrong on so many different levels:
- Their whole premise, that nationalized health care promotes terrorism, is a joke. But they don’t get the joke.
- Fox News is clearly acting as a tool of the health insurance industry. I hope they were well paid.
- Their main argument, that countries like England import many of their doctors and Muslim countries are a big source of these doctors, is racist. It equates Muslims with terrorists.
- Their other argument, made with no evidence at all, is that terrorists use government bureaucracies because they can hide in them while cooking up their nefarious plans.
- Finally, and one of my big pet peeves, is that Fox keeps talking about National Health Care. As far as I know, nobody is proposing that we nationalize our health care. Even the most far-reaching left-wing proposals are for nationalizing only our health insurance, not our doctors or hospitals. And Obama’s plan doesn’t even do that — it is not a “single payer” plan. By continually talking about doctors working for the government, Fox is trying to scare you — and using information that even they must know is false.
Thanks to Prose Before Hos.