People who point out the hypocrisy of Republicans:
- claiming Obama should not be president because he was born in Kenya (even though he wasn’t), and yet don’t seem bothered by the fact that John McCain was born in Panama, or Ted Cruz was born in Canada,
- screaming about Obamacare being an invasion of privacy, while insisting that women get a vaginal ultrasound before getting an abortion,
- shutting down the government in order to reduce the deficit, which just made the deficit larger (not to mention that they don’t seem to care about the deficit when they are in power),
- yelling about religious freedom, while simultaneously stopping Muslims from building mosques,
- and hundreds of other hypocritical things…
are simply missing the point. To Republicans, politics is all out war. They do not care about the economy, or about privacy, the constitution, or even race. They just care about winning, and will use any weapon they can to win, even if it is racist, hypocritical, immoral, illegal, or even treasonous. They attack Obama for being black not because they are racist, but because it is a weapon they can use to fire up people who are racist.
Their biggest failure is that they keep believing their own PR. The GOP believed their own echo chamber and truly thought that Romney was going to easily win the presidential election, and that the American people hated Obamacare so much they would side with them on the shutdown. They also believe that Fox News is on their side, when Fox News (like them) is only concerned about winning for themselves. Fox has never hesitated to turn on the GOP if it makes them more money.
This is what happens when you base your world view on the fiction of Ayn Rand. It also explains why they are so hung up on the idea of “the 47%” being moochers — they can’t help but believe that everyone is as greedy as they are and acts only in their own financial self interest.
Too true. I has recently at dinner with a friend who works for the dems on capitol hill, my friend said that working with republicans was frustrating not because they were crazy zealots, but because they weren’t and just towed the party line and ‘followed orders’ despite their own beliefs because they just want to get ahead. In my books, if you throw out the insanity plea, all you have left with is guilty.
Ah, but the 47% moochers in include those who were born with silver spoons in their mouths like Romney, Baby Bush, even Pappy bush. Baby Bush has taken everything all through his life and given little (removing the marriage penalty)
I think the greatest joke I’ve seen recently is the Bill Myer one during the shut down “Obama invited 20 Republicans to the White house, but when they got there, he was still black.”