If anyone actually believes that sexism is not a factor in our current election, Nicholas Kristof has an article for you.
All you have to do is try to imagine if the tables were turned:
- Imagine that Hillary Clinton had had five children by three husbands.
- That she thought it was ok to refer to her daughter Chelsea as a “piece of ass“.
- Imagine Clinton on a radio show, talking about oral sex in a hot tub.
- Or rating men based on their body parts.
- Or showing up in (soft-core) porn videos.
- Or boasting during a debate that there is nothing wrong with her vagina.
- Or gave an interview with her husband to People magazine and when Bill stepped away to change clothes, Hillary took the interviewer to a room and stuck her tongue down their throat.
- Imagine that Clinton claimed “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.”
- Or boasting about grabbing men’s crotches and getting away with it.
- Or bragged about attempts to commit adultery.
- Or reportedly fired someone because they resisted her seduction efforts.
- Imagine that Clinton had declared bankruptcy six times.
- And had a long record of stiffing contractors.
- Or imagine Clinton denounced international trade while personally manufacturing shirts in Bangladesh, ties in China, suits in Mexico, and stemware in Slovenia.
Kristof’s list is significantly longer, but you get the point. Trump may be the living embodiment of “the big lie“. Someone so unbelievably unsavory and disgusting that people have trouble believing the truth about him.
Sure, sure… Next, we’ll be told that there’s a different standard for the 33,000 emails lost by Clinton vs. the 22 MILLION ones lost by the Bush administration.
Maybe Democrats should be flattered by the irony that Republicans, rather than hold them to the nearly nonexistent ethical standards actually PRACTICED by the GOP, claim to be genuinely shocked when Democrats are NOT paragons of virtue. Unlike when a Republican member of Congress, or big-name right-wing televangelist for that matter, is caught cheating on his wife… which rarely makes news for more than a week and basically draws a lot of yawns.
RedJon, do you have a good link for an article about the Bush administration emails?