7. Enjoy satire about the coronavirus. Here’s a diagram of deaths by disaster, done in the style of Andy Borowitz:
In an interview on Fox News yesterday, Donald Trump said that he is going to make a decision on whether to recommend allowing normal working life to resume during the coronavirus pandemic “based on a lot of facts and instincts.” If we could open up Trump’s brain, I’m suspicious we would see the above diagram as one of the “facts”.
As for his instincts, we do have a great source for those. The actual Andy Borowitz is going strong, pumping out great satire. Here are the headlines from his most recent columns:
- Fauci Refuses to Say When It Would Be Safe to Reopen Trump’s Mouth
- Fauci Begs Pharma Companies to Speed Development of Anti-Narcissism Drug
- Fauci Urges Trump to Attack the Coronavirus as if It Were an Inspector General
- Experts Recommend Disinfecting Television After Trump Has Been On
- Peter Navarro’s Ph.D. Revealed to Be from Trump University
- Trump Optimistic About Winning Nobel Prize in Medicine
- National Incompetence Stockpiles at Full Capacity
- Fauci Urges Non-Essential Worker to Go Home
- Trump Launches “Celebrity Coronavirus Briefing” with Gary Busey and Dennis Rodman
- Trump Practicing Distancing from All His Prior Statements About the Coronavirus
And that’s just from the month of April.