Abortion Bush Campaign Finance Cheney Climate Clinton Congress Conservatives Corporations Corruption Deficits Democrats Drugs Economy Education Election Elections Energy Environment Fox News Gays Guns Health Immigration Lies McCain Media Middle East Obama Palin Protests Racism Religion Republicans Romney Spying Supreme Court Taxes Tea Party Terrorism Terrorists Torture Trump Unemployment War
You are Visitor #
Category Archives: Humor
8. Watch the April 11th edition of Saturday Night Live, completely created from the cast members’ homes. This turned out to be one of the funnier SNLs in recent memory. Here’s just one of the sketches: And since this is supposed to be a political blog, be sure to watch the sketches featuring: Bernie Sanders […]
7. Enjoy satire about the coronavirus. Here’s a diagram of deaths by disaster, done in the style of Andy Borowitz: In an interview on Fox News yesterday, Donald Trump said that he is going to make a decision on whether to recommend allowing normal working life to resume during the coronavirus pandemic “based on a […]
A friend sent me an article written by Garrison Keillor (in case you live under a rock, he of “A Prairie Home Companion” fame). The article is “With your permission, I shall give a short speech“. You should read it. To induce you to perhaps do that, here’s an excerpt: … skipping the news lets […]
6. Dress up like a Dalek and run around your village (in England) warning people to “self isolate” (or maybe they will be exterminated?) Not really at home, I guess, unless you consider the Dalek’s shell the home of the mutant alien inside of it. Here’s an article from Sky News with more information about […]
Play the ukulele with Will Grove White from the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain (one of my favorite bands!). This is an edited down version of an hour-long play along that was done on facebook on April 2. 1200 people joined in from all over the world to watch and take part in the UOGB’s […]
4. Make silly videos about the pandemic And with lots of time on their hands, they made another one. If you have not had enough of the Sound of Pandemic, watch on! One last thing, I was hoping that people would send me more things like this to post for everyone’s enjoyment. Send me videos, […]
3. Mountain biking. This one almost seems practical.
2. Climb Mt Everest. https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-52165949/man-climbs-height-of-everest-on-his-staircase
Freestyle skiing I’m thinking of starting a series of posts about fun or unusual things people are doing at home while sheltering in place. Of course, I could use some help from you, dear readers. Please post links in the comments. Some sort-of guidelines: they should have been done since the start of the pandemic, […]
Italy is one of the countries hardest hit by the coronavirus. In fact, on Thursday they passed China on the number of people who have died from the pandemic — that’s an absolute number, which is pretty scary considering that China has far, far more people than Italy. And the Italians have been under a […]
While you’re sitting at home, here’s two videos you can watch. If you see any others, please post them in the comments. UPDATE: I love this one, from Australia!
This SNL opening reminds me why I love both Kate McKinnon and Elizabeth Warren.
Does anyone else think that the reason Donald Trump is putting Mike Pence in charge of combatting the coronavirus outbreak is so that Pence can be blamed and thrown under the bus when the outbreak becomes a pandemic? UPDATE: According to a report in the NY Times, Vice President Mike Pence was picked to lead […]
Whether or not you agree with this or even like Bill Maher, it is pretty funny. (I know this is a little old, but I just saw it. And it is just as true now as it was a couple of weeks ago.)