This video from Letterman about Cheney’s recent criticisms of Obama is absolutely hilarious:
As for how Obama is doing, this article in the Washington Post is all good news:
- The economy? Recovering. Warren Buffett declares the economy is “out of the quicksand”. Construction spending up for the first time in five months.
- House Sales? Higher than expected increases for two straight months.
- The markets? Rallying. Dow Jones IA up 6% since Inauguration Day.
- Swine flu? Abating. Mexico reports that cases are diminishing, and US health experts say the virus is less severe than feared.
- Pakistan’s nuclear weapons? Secured.
- Health care reform? On track for this year.
- Optimism? 50% of Americans think things are going in the right direction, up from only 8% in October.
- Obama’s approval ratings? Impossibly high.
Even the ongoing multiyear drought in the SouthEast is over, although I don’t think Obama can take credit for that.