Rupert Murdoch (the dark lord of Fox News) tweeted the following:
Obama facing enormous opposition in accepting refugees. Maybe make special exception for proven Christians.
Seriously? Proven Christians?
Of course, the best part is all the responses to his tweet. Here are just a few:
- ‘proven’ Christians. Lolz. Some sort of bible quiz on the borders, then? That’ll be a hit with Passport Control.
- a religious test for citizenship says the Sith Lord
- How to find ‘proven’ Christians? Splash them with holy water? Or maybe some sort of heathen dunking stool? #SimpleDarkAgeFixes #DrunkTweeting
- isn’t that the logic isis employs when deciding whether to kill someone. Works SO well for them.
- how about a Saturday night reality show? Live or Let Die with Simon Cowell? Viewers could vote on who looks the most muslimy
- “Can you prove you’re a Catholic?” “Sure. But how?” “See this 8-year old boy?” “Yes?” “Fuck him.”
- Refresh my memory, I forget how it works – if they float, they’re a witch, and if they sink they’re a Christian? #buffoon
UPDATE: More Twitter responses to Murdoch:
- This is about the least Christ like thing i can imagine
- Is Rupert Murdoch a Christian? If so, prove it.
- I’m not even sure he’s human!
- wish we could get rid of proven arseholes like you
- what’s the test for “proven Christians?” A recent case of stigmata? Able to show documented proof of slave ownership?
- I would have thought a “proven Christian” would make no distinction between people in dire need
- Conservatives okay w/ selling AK-47s to people w/o asking if they have criminal or mental issue but refugees must prove they’re Christians.
- yeah because Christians don’t shoot up schools or do anything else bad !!!
Actually, Murdoch gives me an idea. I think we should only allow people to own or run TV broadcasters, radio stations, and newspaper publishers if they are natural born Americans.